So this is a pretty random post for my blog HOWEVER having bought some PoachPods from Debenhams recently (£6) I felt obliged to share their awesomeness/simplicity with the world!
This all started with the typical man problem. No, not the awkward changing room loitering, the other one. Standing outside the toilets waiting for the other half to finish doing their thing. In our poor attempt to look busy and resisting the wanting urge to pull out and play on the phone (Facebook), we casually wander around the nearest aisles pretending to browse for things we may need but certainly don’t want to spend money on. In my case this was the Milton Keynes store and the nearest aisle was the kitchen utensils and accessories aisle!
So I wandered about and came across some PoachPods. I don’t know if I’m well behind the times with this but I’d never heard of such a thing. And so simple too!
The basic premise is to put your eggs in the little silicone cups and poach your eggs there. The result is less mess in the pan and a lot more egg in your stomach! Everyone knows the usual scenario of egg bits being left all over the pan, wasted!
So it’s fairly straightforward!
1. Take your PoachPods and line with a bit of oil…
2. Crack eggs into said PoachPods!!
3. Drop PoachPods into boiling water..
4. Cover PoachPods with a lid to keep in the moisture
5. Poach said eggs in said PoachPods!!
6. Spread avocado on toast…
7. Serve said PoachPods eggs from said PoachPods onto said avocado spread toast with a sprinkling of freshly ground pepper!
8. Eat! Nom!
It’s so simple. So clean. No mess in the pan. Tastes like poached eggs!
Awesome. Get some!